Thursday, January 10, 2008

Aaj ki taaza khabar

Britney Wheeled Out on a Gurney!!


J Lo and Marc Anthony going to have their baby per Scientology beliefs


Someone (Miss X) put on weight by one pound (:O!), and no longer has a beach-perfect body. Mrs. Y is leaving the adopted children in her husband's care, and hanging out at parties. Miss Z is going to loose 97% of her inheritance; (unrelated) she is dating A and B, and previously was steady for 'n' number of years with C.


In my opinion, People's magazine is the worst there is, representing this field of work. Unfortunately it is displayed in every store, in the checkout aisle. You cannot but help glance at it and read the bold headlines.


Why does everyone have to know what is going on in Britney's life? And why is it making headline news everyday?


I once read an article which displayed how the picture looked to us (a beautiful Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake lying down on the beach); versus how the it looked to the artists (the ocean view blocked by 30 photographers, flashing away to glory). I don't think I would want to do this to anyone.


So in addition to my New Year resolutions, this year I am going to make a conscious effort to keep such news at bay. Only time will tell if I was with my efforts.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, January 11, 2008, Blogger Maverick said...

You bet! The same thing happened to me with the Harbhajan controversy. I decided to not get too worked up and keep reading about it. But I had nowhere to hide. It was omnipresent!

A lot of people idolize celebrities and guess media takes advantage of the fact specially if its sensational!

 
At 11:37 AM, January 11, 2008, Blogger KB said...

Just couple of days back I was discussing with my colleague here, not only are these news flashing in magazines but also eat up a lot of our TV news time as well.
I think it is a vicious cycle, of people reading such news and reporters reporting such news coz people read it :)

 
At 4:25 PM, January 13, 2008, Blogger Pooh said...

So true! People and related multimedia journalists make their living exercising the fact that people loveeee to thrive on each other's miseries.

 
At 6:19 PM, January 13, 2008, Blogger PH said...

Maverick, yeah the Harbajan controvery was another example. I refused to read articles like - Should the Sidney test results be scrapped. I did not think that was going to happen.

 
At 6:20 PM, January 13, 2008, Blogger PH said...

kb, yeah it is indeed like the chicken and the egg problem.

 
At 6:27 PM, January 13, 2008, Blogger PH said...

Pooja, true and sad! I wonder if it is going to get better or worse in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home