Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Smoking banned while driving with children (under 18) in California

It felt good to read this news (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071011/ap_on_re_us/schwarzenegger_bills). I hope this law is applied to all states.

The last time Brat and I were driving back from Gatlinburg, TN, we noticed a mother with a 6 year old kid, sitting in the smoking section of Denny's and blowing smoke all around her child. A thought came to my mind, "Let aside the health effects of secondary smoke, what would make the child not want to pick up the smoking habit when she grew old?" More scope for banning smoking around children? I vote "YES".

2 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger KB said...

I agree whole heartedly

 
At 4:46 AM, October 24, 2007, Blogger Maverick said...

At least there are secluded sections/rooms for the smokers. Back here in India, it is harder to avoid passive smoking. I do like the proposed law.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home