Monday, April 17, 2006

The world is a mess!

Okay, I was kidding, I do not intend to write about that. Right now, my house is a mess! And THAT topic (as most might know) is dear and near to my heart.

Yesterday, hubby dear pointed out the corner of the futon, where I was existing for most part of the day. There it was, decorated with the CD cover of "Pride and Prejudice" and two receipts (why two, I ask?), my glasses, a pencil, my purse, a book "Writing Secure Code", another one “The World of Jeeves”, my folded jeans (yes, in the living room) and a Shopper's Stop bag with tips on how to write a good resume and a Reader's digest.

I think receipts, unwanted credit card applications, and paper statements (gosh I need to move to paperless statements, lest I lose my sanity) add clutter to an otherwise neat house. To top it all Brat says we cannot dispose it unless we buy a paper shredder.

I can totally relate to Monica (Friends) when she demands that the pen next to the telephone should be lying in the same position and angle, always. Talk about being orderly! If things are not in place, it just fuels not putting the next one where it belongs, adding to the clutter. You know what I am saying?

I read somewhere that you should work for about 10 -15 minutes on your house everyday, to keep it neat and nice all the time. I have never tried that; but will just move ahead with cleaning up this evening. As Brat says, cleaning the already clean house. :)

3 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Brat said...

I was going to say, what about
1) da - da
2) da da da

etc. But I think our house pretty clean otherwise! He He He

 
At 9:13 AM, April 19, 2006, Blogger Maverick said...

15 mins of cleaning everyday will amount to a waste of a year of ur life if u live to a 100 :D y waste time ;)

 
At 2:58 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger PH said...

brat, waht do you say, now that the cleaning session is over.

maverick, interesting calculation. did not think of that. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home