Friday, September 08, 2006

Ramblings on a Friday morning ….

Woke up this morning to a pleasant feeling: I had actually slept for a whole eight hours throughout the night; and albeit a “bit” late for work, I feel great!

It’s strange how small things can make you feel connected to your place of origin. I saw a polythene bag of Patel brothers (thanks to Devon Street) this morning and it made me so happy. This might sound crazy, but it felt like an “Apna Bazaar” bag, and thus so close to home.

As you might have guessed, had been to Chicago last weekend, and I loved the place! I was visiting KB for the first time after she moved out of Lexington. Believe me there is nothing like visiting a friend who will make a hot cup of tea in the morning, while you are brushing; take wonderful pics; organize sightseeing; keep a meal ready for you after your long drive to her place, make a coconut cake for breakfast, just like you requested. It felt like home.

To top it all, Brat’s friends were in Chicago too. It was great to have them around as I cut my birthday cake; as they sang “Happy Birthday … Dear Pradnya” and then found it very funny.

I think it’s really difficult to make friends as you grow older (or is it just me?). And I cherish my friendship with all my old friends. Thanks guys, KB and Brat for the great time!

On a different note, I am reading about H-1B visa holders being paid less than Americans on TOI. Touchwood! While I do not fall in that category, I have seen people struggle through that phase. I think it’s OK if you are single, but to manage yourself and one, possibly more, dependants, becomes very difficult. But life is a struggle, for a good job, good health, good friends and what not. So go globalization and fight against these numbers!

And that concludes my set of random thoughts for the morning (I dare not say day!).

4 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger KB said...

hehe:)) super random thoughts written well .. glad u njoyed ur visit to Chicago!!!

 
At 2:13 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger PH said...

kb, i read a few blogs with randomly listed thoughts. thought i would experiment with it today.

 
At 4:39 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger The Doodler said...

Hey Prad,
I also think its difficult to make friends as we get older..I was also thinking over why it becomes that way...

 
At 3:06 PM, October 03, 2006, Blogger PH said...

subha, i wonder why too! maybe we have too many responsibilities, too many to do's. pata nahi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home