Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Kalyanam, Day 1 and 2!

"Why can't you put on a larger “bindi”?" is the first comment that I remember (courtesy my grandmother) when I dressed up for the "devak", the first marriage function! Till this day, I was strutting around in an old pair of 3/4ths and sleeveless t-shirts. And suddenly I was expected to be this shy, demure, about to be married girl. The one that wears wonderful silk saris, just smiles, doesn’t talk too much and looks beautiful.

Humph! (followed by a BIG pause) Shy! Demure! Beautiful! And me! Pick the one that doesn’t match within the group and that would HAVE to be me! Let me confess, I went in for a pedicure and manicure only because "Brat" did, and I dint want to feel left out! After all "I" was the bride! :)

We traveled to Chennai next day. As I spoke to Brat that night: "Hey marriage! That's it, huh! We're here! Do we want to really go through this????!!!!" About 35 of my relatives have traveled all the way from Bombay, for 24 hours in the scorching heat and here I was, wondering whether I could chicken out.

Just one night, just for a few hours, I thought about it! The next morning those thoughts were a distant dream, maybe, even a dream that didn’t take place. I knew I why I was there (also, I knew why my relatives were there :)).

More coming your way, later!

6 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, August 30, 2005, Blogger KB said...

waiting for the snaps.. baatein bahot ho gayi..hehe

 
At 4:40 PM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Brat said...

She was trying to do the "Runaway Bride" thing to me but I somehow convinced her that I am the right person for her !!!

 
At 9:40 AM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Maverick said...

Lol! real comical narrative :)

Expecting more and also the snap where I looked like a dud.

 
At 9:39 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger RS said...

Interesting! Marriage chronicles of Prad & Brat :)

 
At 4:03 PM, September 02, 2005, Blogger The Doodler said...

Brat & Prad,
Cool account..:) Looking for more..

 
At 11:05 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger PH said...

KB, I hope you liked the photo album

Brat, are you trying to claim that you are Richard Gere!

Mav, I think you look chic with your bag! It was great to have you there!

RS, waiting for your tales :)

Shubha, thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home