Thursday, August 18, 2005

I happened to be reading this blog about prayers at school and it gave me the incentive to post MY first blog.

Reminded me of the innumerable times I have said this pledge:

“India is my country.
All Indians are my brothers and sisters.
I love my country, and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage.
I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
I shall give my parents, teachers and all elders respect and treat everyone with courtesy.
To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.
In their well being and prosperity alone lies my happiness.”

I still remember this giggle passing around the school assembly, at the statement "All Indians are my brothers and sisters (but ONE!)."

10 years have passed down the line, and I hope that I have not said the pledge mindlessly, every single day, for 12 years!

I am proud of my country and I strive to be worthy of it. I give my parents teachers and all elders respect and (try to) treat everyone with courtesy (I am guilty when I don't do that!).

"In the well being and prosperity of my country men alone lies my happiness". Hmm ……. I am not there yet. I have these fleeting thoughts of wanting to donate for

- Education of the poor
- The floods in Mumbai
- Tsunami relief

But my thoughts have never culminated with action!

With the grace of God, I have everything that makes ME happy. I would love to make a difference to someone back HOME!

6 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, August 19, 2005, Blogger RS said...

Sensible first post - me likes :)

 
At 11:27 AM, August 19, 2005, Blogger kamal said...

I think I had "All Indians are my brothers and sisters except 10 girls and my enemies" :)

You might also be interested in Asha

 
At 3:32 PM, August 19, 2005, Blogger Brat said...

I would be the one gigling or resting my hand on another guys shoulder !!!! Some people take too long in assembly to say the pledge ...

 
At 11:29 AM, August 20, 2005, Blogger Maverick said...

ya sure..we used to go this way..."all indians are my brothers and beep-beep" :>

it sure is such an inspiring pledge but the person who wrote that bro-sis line apparently married a foreigner ;)

 
At 12:08 AM, August 28, 2005, Blogger P B said...

How about "All indians are my brothers and your sisters..pointing to the guy next in line"?

 
At 3:53 PM, August 30, 2005, Blogger PH said...

rs, im glad you liked the blog! i have started this effort, mainly due to your persistence!

kamal, brat, maverick! its supposed to be a serious article!

pb, hadn't heard that one before! primarily because i was in a girls school i guess :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home